|Honorary Board||Board of Directors|
|Irwin Cotler||Robert Grant||Frank Sommers|
|Leslie Dan||Daphna Grossman||Lisa Tarshis|
|Bernard Goldman||Carole Gruson||Larry Weiss|
|Barbara Kay||Jocelyn Kadish|
|Robert Lantos||Leon Kadish (Chair)|
|Mary Seeman||Howard Price|
|Imam Mohamad Tawhidi||Steve Samuel (Treasurer)|
Since March 2009, DARA has achieved many accomplishments:
- 700 members of the medical, dental, and academic community
- Spur the petition of support for the IMA and WMA president, Dr. Yoram Blachar, in response to a discriminatory call for his dismissal
- Collaborated with HonestReporting to rouse a response from the membership in response to publishing of a non-scientific and editorialized anti-Israel article in a medical journal, CMAJ.
- Challenged “medical” conferences at the University of Toronto for disguising medical lectures as a platform for disseminating non-scientific and hate inciting views.
- Started a constructive dialogue with the University of Toronto over intimidation faced by those with dissenting views.
- Responded to calls to action by DARA members
- OMA sponsored cruise to Dubai was cancelled as a result of restriction to certain members based on nationality.
- Successfully pressured sponsor of breast cancer conference to allow participation of all expert physicians regardless of nationality.
- Hosted CME accredited conference that focused on the medical and psychological impacts of terrorism. Over 200 medical professionals attended.
But our work is far from over; in the future DARA will:
- Continue to monitor medical literature for bias and coordinate effective large-scale responses to it
- Act as an up-to-date source of news pertinent to discrimination within medical and academic realms
- Lead a response to hateful and misleading events in our community